Apple officially announced both the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro in the iPhone 12 series, which also included a smaller version of the iPhone 12 as the 12 Mini and a larger screen version of the 12 Pro called 12 Pro Max, and the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro offer many New features, most notably support for 5G networks, with the enhancement of the phone with the most powerful A14 processor and the Super Retina XDR screen with OLED technology covered with a special layer of protection, besides a better design and many other features.
What is the difference between iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro?
This is a comparison between iPhone 12 and 12 Pro:
iPhone 12 and 12 Pro design
Both phones carry almost the same design, which is a flat-edged design similar to that of the iPad Pro 2020 and iPhone 5, with no button on the front or a fingerprint sensor, and the reliance on the FaceID fingerprint through the front camera and the technologies built into the wide “notch” above The middle of the screen, while both phones come with a glass back and a metal frame, but the frame on the iPhone 12 is made of aluminum, unlike the iPhone 12 Pro, which carries a frame of stainless steel, which is the most prominent differences between both phones.
iPhone 12 is available in five colors, including red, blue, green, white, and black, while iPhone 12 Pro is available in only four colors, including blue, gold, silver, and black, and both phones support IP68 water resistance.
The best: There are no major differences between both phones, especially in terms of shape and design features
The screen in iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro
Apple has adopted in its new series of smartphones, the iPhone 12, an OLED screen, both iPhone 12 and 12 Pro carry a 6.1-inch OLED Super Retina XDR screen with a resolution of 2532 x 1170 pixels at a density of 460 pixels/inch, with HDR support and True Tone support, besides supporting the wide color gamut P3, the iPhone 12 Pro screen is brighter compared to iPhone 12, with the new Ceramic Shield that provides a greater ability for the screen to withstand bumps and scratches.
The best: both phones have almost the same screen with relatively more brightness in the iPhone 12 Pro
Performance in iPhone 12 and 12 Pro
Both phones, iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro, work with the A14 Bionic processor, which it says is the first processor for smartphones manufactured with 5 nm technology, and it also provides faster performance and 50 percent faster graphics processing compared to competing smartphones, which it says provides a better experience in operating Games, processing applications for artificial intelligence, machine learning, and augmented reality AR, besides improving imaging capabilities, they also run on iOS 14.
The best: Both phones offer the same powerful performance.
Supporting 5G networks
iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro support 5G networks, and both phones support Wi-Fi 6 networks.
The camera in iPhone 12 and 12 Pro
It is the most prominent difference between iPhone 12 compared to iPhone 12 Pro, as:
- iPhone 12 carries two 12-megapixel rear cameras, including an UltraWide wide-angle camera, with support for optical zoom up to 2X and digital zoom up to 5X, in addition, to support for the primary camera with optical stabilization feature OIS.
- While iPhone 12 Pro carries three 12-megapixel rear cameras, the main with a واسعة / 1.6 wide lens slot, besides a 120-degree UltraWide camera with a ƒ / 2.4 lens slot, and a Telephoto telephoto camera with a / 2.0 lens slot, with support for optical zoom in the 4X range And digital zoom up to 10x, and the iPhone 12 Pro also comes with a LiDAR sensor for depth, besides the three cameras, which improves the phone experience with AR applications and improves the photography experience, and also adds a unique feature which is the ability to directly measure the height of people.
- iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro come with the same 12-megapixel front selfie TrueDepth camera with an f / 2.4 lens slot.
- iPhone 12 is missing the feature to take selfies in night mode and the feature to save images in the new Apple Prora format, which provides more options for editing photos, which are the two features available in iPhone 12 Pro.
The best: iPhone 12 Pro offers a better photography experience compared to iPhone 12.
Battery and charging
Both iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro provide the user with the same hours of use before the need to recharge the battery, which Apple estimates about 11 hours of watching video online, and both phones support:
- The fast-charging capacity of 20 watts (up to 50% within 30 minutes of the charge), through a charger sold separately at a cost of about $20, as it comes with both phones, a cable only for charging.
- Wireless charging with 7.5W conventional Qi wireless chargers, and 15W fast wireless charging through MagSafe chargers that stick to the back of the phone.
The iPhone 12 is available with a capacity of 64 GB, 128, and 256 GB, while the iPhone 12 Pro is available in 128GB, 256, and 512 GB storage capacities.
iPhone 12 and 12 Pro price
The price of the iPhone 12 starts from $799, for the 64GB version.
The price of the iPhone 12 starts from $999, for the 128GB version.