Twitter cancels the account of former Trump adviser for calling for violence

0
Twitter announced Friday that it had canceled an account of former Trump adviser Steve Bannon for calling for the execution of federal officials during the site’s exchanges this week with the US presidential election.

A statement on the social networking platform said that the “War Room Pandemic,” account “has been permanently suspended for violating the Twitter rules, especially our policy towards glorifying violence.”

Before it banned the account, Bannon had published a tweet calling for the beheading of both FBI official Christopher Ray and director of the American Institute of Infectious Diseases Anthony Fauci.

A video bearing the same message of “Warning to Federal Officials” was also removed from the Google-owned YouTube site.

“We removed the video for violating our policy against incitement. We will continue to ensure the implementation of our policy in the post-election period,” YouTube spokesperson Alex Joseph said in a statement.

But YouTube did not cancel the account, which remained active, but was prohibited from uploading other videos for a week, as it follows a three-step policy before the comprehensive ban.

They sacked Bannon from his job as a strategic advisor to Trump in 2017 after confrontations with other officials.

Earlier this year, they arrested Bannon for allegedly carrying out fraud on the Internet against donors to finance the construction of a border wall with Mexico, and they charged him with conspiracy to commit fraud and conspiracy to launder money.

Prosecutors said that the online fundraising campaign called “We are Building the Wall” raised more than $25 million, but was seized.

Source: Arabic. euronews

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: