Insigne celebrates scoring the equalizer for Naples (Getty Images)
- Napoli escaped the ambush of its host Benvento, and reversed its delay with a clean goal in the first half to a precious 2-1 victory in the second half of their match today in the fifth round of the Italian football league, which also witnessed Parma’s 2-2 draw with Spezia and Cagliari’s victory over Crotone 4 – 2.
- Napoli jumped to second place in the competition table with 11 points, with only goal difference in front of Sassuolo, and one point behind leaders Milan, while Benevento stuck at 6 points in 12th place.
- Benvento ended the first half in his favor with a clean goal scored by Roberto Insigni in the 30th minute, but his older brother Lorenzo Insigne scored the equalizer for his team, Napoli in the 60th minute, before Andrea Petania scored the winning goal for Napoli in the 67th minute.
- In contrast to his performance in the Italian league, Napoli performed poorly, and lost at home 1-0 to Alkmaar in the start of the Group Six matches in the European League group stage.
- In another match, Cagliari overturned a clean goal to a 4-2 big victory over Croton, to raise its score to 7 points, advance to the tenth place temporarily, and Crotone’s balance stuck at one point in last place.
- Junior Messias took the lead for Croton in the 21st minute, and Cagliari returned with two goals, scored by Charalambos, Kiriaco and Giovanni Simeone, in the 25th and 35th minutes.
- Salvatore Molina equalized with a goal by Croton in the 43rd minute, then Ricardo Sutil and Joao Pedio Galvo scored two other goals for Cagliari in the 45th and 84th minutes.
- The 48th minute saw Luca Cigarini, a Croton player, be sent off for receiving a second warning in the match.